Hi Luca,

You are seeing the error because you are not setting the correct version
and protocol header in your client.  Your client should set:

ProtocolID="MQTT" and ProtocolVersion=4   // 3.1.1
or
ProtocolID="MQlsdp" and ProtocolVersion=3 // 3,1

Artemis will accept both protocol versions (which are practically
identical) but both point to the 3.1.1 implementation.  Your mileage may
vary with 3.1.  I suggest always using 3.1.1.

line 15853 of your js should be:

      var client = mqtt.connect('ws://localhost:1883', {
        protocolId: 'MQTT
        , protocolVersion: 4
      });

Instead of:

      var client = mqtt.connect('ws://localhost:1883', {
        protocolId: 'MQTT' // or 'MQIsdp' in MQTT 3.1.1
        , protocolVersion: 4 // or 3 in MQTT 3.1
      }); // you add a ws:// url here

Note the protocol ID in 3.1.1 is "MQTT".

I made these changes locally and it works fine for me.

Thanks
Martyn