Thanks Tim,

In most cases, the problem occurs on reboot and it can take 2 minutes for it
to come back.

Your thoughts are similar to mine, but I thought the options on the
networkConnector would have helped with that.

I tried enabled debug logging in a quiet system to see what I could find on
a restart.  It looks like this logger is used for consumer events:

org.apache.activemq.broker.region.AbstractRegion

And this one for discarding consumer requests.  We have a broker network, so
it discards consumer interest that came via more than 1 hop:

org.apache.activemq.network.DemandForwardingBridgeSupport

Am I on the right track for log4j loggers?  Any other suggestions?

I'm trying out just logging org.apache.activemq.network and
org.apache.activemq.broker, but filtering out broker.region.Queue because it
keeps logging "expiring messages" events.

Thanks,
Frank