Are messages being delivered to your MDB, just not consumed?  That would
indicate that you're failing to ack the messages, perhaps because you're
using INDIVIDUAL_ACK mode and not explicitly acking your messages.

Or are they never being delivered to your MDB at all?

The fact that you see them in the pending queue means they've been
dispatched to the ActiveMQ client code, so that would indicate that you're
successfully connecting to the broker, at least.

You might want to post your MDB code, in case someone sees a problem.

Tim