Right, what I'm saying is that if this bug is fixed in 5.14.0, upgrading
would be the least-work option to fix your problem.  And of course, just
because the description looks like it should fix the problem doesn't mean
it's guaranteed to.

If that's not an appealing option, you could attach a debugger and step
through the affected code to see exactly what it's doing.  You could also
grab the 5.11.1 code and attempt to apply to patch to it and recompile.
Also, reading the source code that was changed for that fix might provide
some insight into exactly what the root cause was.

Tim