Ravi,

You appear to be doing request-response.  In that paradigm, the message is
delivered to your consumer, runs through your code, and your code
eventually produces a response message that the broker accepts.

The most likely reason that a response message would not be enqueued on the
broker is that something caused your code to not produce a message.  That
could be a bug in your code (for example, an unhandled exception that's
only thrown occasionally, or a logic error that's only hit in certain
cases), or it could be that your process exits after acknowledging the
original message but before sending the response message.  So I would check
your consumer code for unhandled exceptions and abnormal return paths.
Also, look for error messages in your consumer logs.

You could also try to confirm whether delivery is happening by adding a
counter at the beginning of your consumer code and a different one at the
end (just before, or just after, you publish the response message) and
compare those counts (each summed across all consumers) with the ones on
the broker.  The problem exists between wherever the counts are different,
so if you get different values for the two counts that I'm suggesting you
add, then you'll know the problem is in your code.  If it's different
between the broker value and the corresponding count in your code, then
we'll know which part of the ActiveMQ processing to look at in more detail.

Tim