I haven't personally tried this, but I'd expect that calling stop() on the
networkConnector for the master broker via JMX would do what you want
without requiring a full restart.  (Then you could call start() to bring it
back, as the slave.)  http://activemq.apache.org/jmx.html has a table that
lists many of the JMX objects and their attributes and methods, for
reference.

Tim

On Dec 15, 2016 2:15 AM, "Patrick Vansevenant" <patrick.vanseven...@tvh.com>