I'm upgrading my activemq from 5.10.2 to 5.13.4, but I've run into an issue
with PooledConnectionFactory. It works fine at first, but when the broker is
restarted and clients try to reconnect the factory throws
NullPointerExceptions and clients cannot connect. For regular clients I had
to switch to regular factory, and it works fine, but for my camel clients I
need the pooled factory.
When I replace activemq-jms-pool-5.13.4.jar with 5.10.2, it works fine again
every time.
I have not seen any related bugs reported anywhere yet.

Any reasonable advice/suggestion would be appreciated, I've already tried
all the unreasonable ones.
I'm using:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.8 (Santiago)
openjdk version "1.8.0_121"
camel - 2.14.0
activemq-5.13.4
spring-3.1.2
Traceback:
2017-01-27 15:44:58,875 [Service.uplinkCommsHubConfig.queue]] WARN
ultJmsMessageListenerContainer - Could not refresh JMS Connection for
destination
'CommsHubConfigService.uplinkCommsHubConfig.queue?consumer.prefetchSize=0' -
retrying in 5000 ms. Cause: Error while attempting to add new Connection to
the pool
javax.jms.JMSException: Error while attempting to add new Connection to the
pool
        at
org.apache.activemq.jms.pool.PooledConnectionFactory.createJmsException(PooledConnectionFactory.java:266)
        at
org.apache.activemq.jms.pool.PooledConnectionFactory.createConnection(PooledConnectionFactory.java:225)
        at
org.apache.activemq.jms.pool.PooledConnectionFactory.createConnection(PooledConnectionFactory.java:204)
        at
org.springframework.jms.support.JmsAccessor.createConnection(JmsAccessor.java:184)
        at
org.springframework.jms.listener.AbstractJmsListeningContainer.createSharedConnection(AbstractJmsListeningContainer.java:404)
        at
org.springframework.jms.listener.AbstractJmsListeningContainer.refreshSharedConnection(AbstractJmsListeningContainer.java:389)
        at
org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer.refreshConnectionUntilSuccessful(DefaultMessageListenerContainer.java:869)
        at
org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer.recoverAfterListenerSetupFailure(DefaultMessageListenerContainer.java:851)
        at
org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer$AsyncMessageListenerInvoker.run(DefaultMessageListenerContainer.java:982)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
        at
org.apache.activemq.jms.pool.PooledConnectionFactory.createConnection(PooledConnectionFactory.java:223)
        ... 10 more