There's no mechanism to request that the broker send you everything it has;
if that is going to happen, it happens when the client connects.

In your testing, are you saying that if topic T has messages A, B, and C
that have not yet been consumed by offline durable consumer C1, and
consumer C2 connects and disconnects repeatedly, C2 will sometimes get A,
B, and C, and sometimes will get nothing or some subset of A, B, and C? Can
you please describe in a little more detail exactly what behavior you see?
In particular, redelivery will happen only for messages that are still
unconsumed for at least one other subscription (because once all
subscriptions have consumed it, the broker discards the message), so please
be very specific about which messages are in the topic and which consumers
have consumed which messages at which point.

Tim