This is definitely a bug, the question is whose bug it is (whose code
should change): ActiveMQ, Mule, Spring, or some combination of the three.

I looked in http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.
springframework/spring-jms/3.0.0.RELEASE/org/springframework/jms/connection/
SingleConnectionFactory.java and I don't see the org.springframework.Single
ConnectionFactory.getConnection() method you referenced. What version of
Spring are you using?

You referenced a toString() method; where is that code? My initial reaction
based on what you've written is that although calling external code while
holding a lock isn't great (and we might want to change the code to not do
that), the most egregious problem is the fact that a toString() method is
doing something that involves acquiring a lock, and that's my first thought
for the best way to solve this immediate problem.

Tim

On Mar 10, 2017 4:11 PM, "Facundo Darío Velazquez Santillán" <