I have a master slave non-colocation set up of one master and two slaves.

1. after all three start, only journal replication is only seen on one of
the slaves, i.e., the "active" slave.
2. try to simulate the failover scenarios.
scenario A:
- when the master is killed, the "active" slave comes up OK, and the other
"passive" slave becomes the "active" slave
- when the original master is restarted, the first "active" slave (the
current master) will stay as the live broker even with "allow-failback" set
to true
scenario B:
- if the "active" slave was killed first, the secondary/"passive" slave is
not able to take over as the "active" slave
- only when the "passive" slave is restarted, it can become the "active"
slave to the master.

Is this by design? Or anything wrong with my configuration?

The configurations are attached.

Thanks,
Lei

broker.slave