Can you please describe what you see in JConsole that tells you that the
messages are lost? (And can you please define the word "lost" as you're
using it here? Do you mean that they are acked - but not by your code - or
that they end up in the DLQ or something else?)

When your consumer disconnects, is this a graceful exit or a hard shutdown
(kill -9)? And when the consumer reconnects, what behavior is seen?

Tim