An update.
We have re-build "artemis-commons-2.1.0.jar",
"artemis-mqtt-protocol-2.1.0.jar" and "artemis-server-2.1.0.jar" in order to
improve the logs. It seems that there is a problem with the thread which has
in charge the activities to free the clientid, send lwt message, etc..
For a few time all works good. Broken connection are correctly cleaned and I
see all the logs related to the clientid cleaning and lwt sending.
Then, at a certain point (we've not yet undestood why...) connections are no
more cleaned correctly. And there are no more logs about the "cleaner"
thread. And there's no error. It seems like the connection.fail method
simply is not called.

logger.debug("connection id " + conn.getID() + " calling fail executor
thread ");                     flushExecutor.execute(new Runnable() {

public void run() {                           logger.debug("starting thread
for removing connection "+ pair.getA());
conn.fail(ActiveMQMessageBundle.BUNDLE.clientExited(conn.getRemoteAddress(),
pair.getB()));                           logger.debug("thread for connection
"+ pair.getA() + " ended correctly");                        }

...I can't see the log above. Have you any idea about the cause?

Thanks.

Francesco