On Jun 29, 2017 2:32 AM, "itsebriy" <ihor.t...@gmail.com> wrote:

I am using a self-signed certificate which I created with keytool.

That doesn't answer the question of whether your browser trusts it. If you
haven't done anything to make the browser trust the cert, then it doesn't,
which is why you're getting this error.

Also when going to production, will self-signed certificate be sufficient?
We could use a certificate from certificate authority but the domain for
every customer will be different.

Only you can answer whether it's sufficient. If you can get each of your
users to import your self-signed cert into your browser without objections,
it might be sufficient. If they refuse, it's probably not.

And I hope you don't plan to deploy a single cert (self-signed or
otherwise) to multiple customer deployments. Your comment about domains
sounds like you might be planning on doing that, and 1) it won't work, and
2) it's an awful thing to do even if it would work.

Tim