The way releases work at apanhe is.  You propose a release in the dev list.
Then people try it and vote +1 or -1.

There is a release candidate I started yesterday.  Look at the activemq dev
list.

In any case the candidate release is here.

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1142/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/2.2.0/

It will be promoted as 2.2.0 in 2 days unless someone find an issue with
the release itself and -1. (Bugs won't count unless it's a horrible one)

--
Clebert Suconic