Just catching up on this.  Firstly I don't think this is a bug.  The static
connector list is used for discovery, not for defining a set of brokers to
round robin over, I agree it's a limitation when used in conjunction with
the out of the box round robin policy.  However, it works just fine with
UDP.

The second point I have is that load balancing policy is plugable, if there
are specific use cases that require different behaviour, the the default
out of the box policies you can create your own policy or modify the
default round robin.

The out of the box round robin policy is a bit basic and only evenly
distributes load on a per client basis.  It doesn't help if there are lots
of clients with one connection.  A better approach imo would be to
implement a LowestNumberOfConnectionsPolicy, where the broker sends the
number of connections per node in the topology (maybe it's already there, I
need to check).  The client can use this metric to decide where to connect
next.  This only works with the CORE protocol of course.  To do this server
side, we could use redirects (I realise not currently implemented in some
protocols).

The small change Michael suggested does look to solve the problem for the
basic out of the box policy.

Cheers