I've submitted https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-6864 to capture
this.

However, the fix on our end that I advocated in that JIRA issue will be to
specify a JVM argument such as --add-exports in our start scripts, so if
your security team is going to have a problem with that approach, they're
going to have a problem with our fix too unless some other implementation
is found. If that's a risk, I'd suggest you get familiar with the options
if you're not already, and then start educating the security people now so
that they understand how Java 9 works by the time you need their approval.
The further out in front of this question (or any security-related
question, for that matter), the better your odds of an outcome you're happy
with.

Also, what version of ActiveMQ are you using, so I can mark that in the
JIRA issue?

Tim