This is great idea! I get so frustrated with these environment issues. +100

Some other advantages I could see we could implement if successful.

run a Linux build and a macOS build eg to check bits like kqueue and or other
os specific behaviours (aio fallback to nio)

look to use appveyor for a windows build validation. (I’m thinking this
validates bat files etc and ensures not Linux specific paths being used in code
by mistake)

Sent from my iPhone