As far as I can tell Artemis fits all your requirements except the
WAR/servlet part.  It seems arbitrary to me that you don't/can't use such
an implementation.  Artemis, even with embedded Jetty, is still just a
"plain old linux process."

To get what you want with Artemis you'll need to develop your own solution.

Justin