I'll take a look at the exact version in which the fix was made and I'll
let you know what I find. If AMQ-5440 turns out to be fixed in 5.14.0 as
reported in the issue, I'm going to ask you to submit a new bug in JIRA.
I'll let you know.

In the meantime, I think your best option is to save the full KahaDB
directory so you can access the data again if necessary, and then delete
the index file (db.data) and the redo file (db.redo) and try to start the
broker. This will rebuild those files from the raw journal files, which
should eliminate any issues with them being out of sync.

Tim