Can you clarify your original problem?  I'm trying to understand the
functional issue.  When you say, "when I test shutting down 1 or more
slaves topology is not updated," are you saying that if you shutdown a
slave and then shutdown the corresponding master then any clients connected
to that master will attempt to failover to absent slave and fail?  If so,
how is that functionally different from the clients simply failing when the
master goes down without attempting to failover?  If not, please elaborate.

Justin