Thank you Tim!

BR,
- Simon

On Fri, 2018-09-21 at 14:55:14 +0200, Tim Bain wrote:
Please submit this as a bug in JIRA, and provide the link here.

My first guess would be that the message is dispatched to the consumer
before it expires, but expires before the consumer pulls it from the
dispatch queue (so this is consumer-side expiration rather than broker-side
expiration), and that the broker code isn't detecting that this particular
Throwable counts as expiration. But I could be wrong about those guesses,
and whoever investigates will have to see if it's that or something else.

One thing you can do to help the investigation is to allow a backlog of
messages to build up on the queue (e.g. by pointing the consumer at a
different queue for a little while) and then see if all the built-up
messages are properly discarded once the consumer reconnects. That would
help test whether broker-side expiration is working.

For your setup, I suspect that fixing your 60ms problem will reduce the
frequency at which you see this to nearly zero, so I expect that this won't
affect you in any meaningful way, but it's still a bug that should be
fixed.

Thanks,
Tim