> Is it fine to tear down and create a new connection on every failure?

I would expect that a broker failure requiring you to connect to a
different broker would be a relatively rare event. The core JMS client has
functionality to transparently reconnect to the same broker in the case of
some kind of network connection failure where the broker is still running
so you shouldn't need to do anything in your application to deal with that
situation. How often do you see brokers failing?

Justin