I just want to confirm that this is the expected behaviour. I have 1 master
with 3 slaves (the brokers are hosted on VMs that tend to randomly die). I'm
currently testing this on the latest source code from github.

Here's the scenario:
1) Start master
2) Start slave1
3) Start slave2
4) Kill master, slave1 takes over as the live server
5) Bring back master

Configuration snippet for master:

Configuration snippet for slave1 and slave2:

At this point, which server is the live server? I would think that due to
failback being configured, the master would resume being the live server. It
seems that slave1 stays on as the live server. Is this the expected
behaviour?