I'm not quite sure I understand your question. The test doesn't call
commit() because it calls rollback() instead. The point of the test is to
make the broker send the message to the dead-letter address and it can't do
that unless the delivery fails. The failed delivery is triggered by
invoking rollback(). Calling commit() would cause delivery to succeed.

Justin