Hello,

I am using ActiveMQ Scheduler and see a slow delivery rate when trying to
load test the solution.

My scenario: send a batch of scheduled messages (e.g. 1000 messages) with
pretty much the same due to time. (e.g. AMQ_SCHEDULED_DELAY in 20 seconds).
There is one connection and session to serve a producer and one for a
consumer. In this test I expect a similar delivery rate for the producer and
the consumer. But while the producer is fast and can reach 50+
messages/second the consumer consuming rate is around 2-3 messages/second.
As a result, the delivery delay can be 20 + minutes to process several
thousand messages.

When I investigated deeper I realized that the problem is not on the
client-side /consumer. Please note the consumer is fast.
The problem is that the ActiveMQ Job scheduler re-queues the messages which
are due back to the original queue with the rate of approx 2-3
messages/second. It is even visible when you refresh the Admin UI of Active
MQ. When the messages are re-queued back the consumer can consume them very
quickly.

I haven't found any documentation/details about the scheduler configuration
except a couple of pages about setting delays. Can someone explain why this
happens and a bunch of messages due are hanging in Scheduled state so long?
What is missed?
Please note, I am using the version Active MQ 5.14.3 (docker image)

Thanks,
Roman