I'm not aware of any plans to implement what you suggest here. It seems to
me that if you want to mitigate the risk of split brain and you have access
to shared storage then you should just use a shared store configuration
instead of replication. The main benefit of replication that you don't need
shared storage.

I think it's more likely that raft [1] integration would be implemented.

Justin

[1] https://raft.github.io/