That's given me an idea. I'm just a regular user like yourself, not one of
the maintainers but I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Try the active mq v5 JMS client because Artemis supports openwire
(enable openwire transport in broker.xml)

2. Try the Qpid JMS client because Artemis supports amqp 1.0

Dave