I have embedded ActiveMQ inside a spring application.

The broker is configured in XML and I explicitly set the dataDirectory:

<amq:broker useJmx="false" persistent="true" dataDirectory="var/jms">
    <amq:transportConnectors>
        <amq:transportConnector uri="vm://localhost" />
    </amq:transportConnectors>
</amq:broker>

When I startup my application, the var/jms directory is created and JMS
messages are stored when required. If however I shutdown my
application, an addtional directory "activemq-data/localhost/KahaDB" is
created. This only happens if "useShutdownHook" is true (which is the
default).

It looks like the shutdownhook tries to create the "data directory"
but ignores the configured value and therefore uses the default data
directory name.

Is this a bug? Or did I make a configuration error?

Kind regards,

Martijn Brinkers