I *think* you may need to specify the routing type on the divert,
coming from a queue it may default to ANY_CAST.
use:

<divert name="my_queue_to_my_topic">
      <address>my_queue</address>
      <forwarding-address>my_topic</forwarding-address>
      <exclusive>false</exclusive>
  <routing-type>MULTICAST</routing-type>
   </divert>