Thanks for your help Gary.

My test was something like this:

We have a primary and a replica with Artemis.
I started an app producing messages on Artemis.
When we got something around 30k messages and without stop producing we
killed the replica and the primary started to create oldreplica files until
fill all the disc (we tried with 20GB and 80GB discs).
I did this test on 2.18, 2.19 and had the same behavior but on 2.17 it
doesn't happen.

Issue created:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-3545

--