Hello,

One of the screens that I use often is the Browse Queue screen for a single
message, so that I can verify all details of the message.
The screen has some logic to decide on the representation that should be used.
In some cases, multiple representations are selected, e.g. text+hex.

I would like to transform the viewing area for the message body to a tabulated
area, where each tab holds a single representation.
The tabs may not be all visible for all message types.
See the mocked screen below.

This proposal may make the preference setting "Browse Bytes Messages" obsolete.
This proposal may make it easier to add more representations, e.g. a detailed
payload view for amqp.
But I do not propose decoders based on contentType/contentEncoding.

The intention of this e-mail is to get first reactions that may change the
idea...

Erwin

[cid:image001.png@01D7D4B4.5F0B3210]