Hi,

I'm trying to set up data persistence with an Artemis ActiveMQ broker,
version 2.20.0.

In broker.xml, I use a "journal-retention-directory" tag to create a
copy of the journals generated by running the broker in the
"data/retention" directory for 365 days, as described in the documentation
here:
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/persistence.html
.

After I do this, I use "artemis producer" and "artemis consumer" to send
and receive sample messages and populate the journal with data. However,
once I stop the broker using "artemis stop" and move to the
"data/retention" directory, I see no copies of the journals.

Am I missing something in the set up, or is there something else I need to
do to enable retention? I've been troubleshooting this for a bit and am a
little lost.

Thanks,
Matthew