Hello,

I'm using ActiveMQ < classic > 5.16.0 and I have a question related to slow
consumers.

In my use case, I only use topics with non-durable messages. As per the doc,
the prefetchSize is 32767.
I have a constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy on this topic with a limit of 1000
messages.
I can observe both values on the webconsole accordingly when they reach the
limit (I see 32767 messages in the dispatch queue size and 1000 messages in the
pending queue size)

I have a bunch of slow consumers, which do not set any prefetchSize (hence they
have the default 32767 value).

My question is: how can I set, change or force this value from ActiveMQ side ?

I don't want those consumers to connect without a prefetchSize value, and I
consider the default value too high for my usecase.
That's why I would like to reduce this value.

Any hints on this ?
Thanks! :)

Nicolas

C2 - Usage restreint