Both ActiveMQ brokers (i.e. "Classic" and Artemis) support industry
standard protocols like AMQP, STOMP, MQTT, etc. Clients for these protocols
are available on a wide variety of platforms in numerous different
languages. These clients are not developed or maintained by the ActiveMQ
community. They are 100% independent.

However, each broker also has a "native" protocol which it supports.
ActiveMQ "Classic" supports OpenWire and ActiveMQ Artemis supports "core"
as well as OpenWire. The ActiveMQ community *does* maintain clients for
these protocols, although these are mainly supported in Java. Technically
speaking there are OpenWire client implementations for both C++ [1] and
.NET [2], but neither of those will fit your needs.

My recommendation is to find a C client which supports either AMQP or STOMP.

Justin

[1] https://activemq.apache.org/components/cms/
[2] https://activemq.apache.org/components/nms/