How you create the connection shouldn't really be an issue because you
should only be creating the connection *once* and then using that same
connection for all the work you need to do. Once the connection is
established it should work essentially the same whether you use ha=true or
not.

Can you elaborate on how you're creating and using your connections? Are
you perhaps creating a connection every time you send or consume a message?

Justin