I am running AMQ 5.15.x in a master/slave cluster setup with several queues.
while some queues have multiple consumers, others have only a single consumer
since their messages must be processed in the exact order they arrived. using
the "exclusive consumer" feature works fine with respect to maintaining the
order. the problem with that approach is all sequential messages always being
processed by the master, while the slaves are sitting around doing nothing.
grouping messages into groups does not seem solve this for me, as all group are
also being sent to the master. so is there a way to spread the load among all
cluster members while maintaining the processing sequence. perhaps "assigning"
each message group to a different cluster member? thank you for your time!