Greetings,

I am trying to implement a logging ActiveMQServerPlugin that understands how to
format the contents of our application messages.  But our clients are JMS and
our client code makes JMS calls:
BytesMessage m = session.createBytesMessage();
m.writeBytes(bytes);

When those packets are handled by our server plugin, and I do
public void beforeSend(ServerSession session, Transaction tx, Message message,
boolean direct, boolean noAutoCreateQueue) {
var cm = (CoreMessage)message;
var bytes = cm.getDataBuffer().byteBuf().array();

First, is it correct to downcast to CoreMessage?
Second, will the bytes be identical to the bytes I put into the JMS message, or
will Artemis add some “framing” around it?

Thanks
John

[rg] <https://www.redpointglobal.com/>

John Lilley

Data Management Chief Architect, Redpoint Global Inc.

888 Worcester Street, Suite 200 Wellesley, MA 02482

M: +1 7209385761<tel:+1%207209385761> |
john.lil...@redpointglobal.com<mailto:john.lil...@redpointglobal.com>

PLEASE NOTE: This e-mail from Redpoint Global Inc. (“Redpoint”) is confidential
and is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is
addressed. If you believe you received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately, delete the e-mail from your computer and do not copy, print
or disclose it to anyone else. If you properly received this e-mail as a
customer, partner or vendor of Redpoint, you should maintain its contents in
confidence subject to the terms and conditions of your agreement(s) with
Redpoint.