Greetings!

We are seeing that our broker is getting OOM errors with 2GB JVM size.  We use
a lot of temporary queues for JMS reply-to with the RPC pattern.  In order to
better understand what drives memory use, is there a rule of thumb for the
memory we would expect to be used by each temporary queue?

If we find that reply-to temporary queues are using a lot of memory and there
is no easy way to tune the broker to avoid that, can you give me an idea of the
time it takes to create and destroy the temporary queue and its consumer?  Is
there a client-side setting for garbage collecting idle queues and recreating
them as needed?

If it is not too slow, we may find that recreating the queue each time, or
aging them out, is a good approach.

Any ideas appreciated for how to reduce memory use in this design.

Thanks
John

[rg] <https://www.redpointglobal.com/>

John Lilley

Data Management Chief Architect, Redpoint Global Inc.

888 Worcester Street, Suite 200 Wellesley, MA 02482

M: +1 7209385761<tel:+1%207209385761> |
john.lil...@redpointglobal.com<mailto:john.lil...@redpointglobal.com>

PLEASE NOTE: This e-mail from Redpoint Global Inc. (“Redpoint”) is confidential
and is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is
addressed. If you believe you received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately, delete the e-mail from your computer and do not copy, print
or disclose it to anyone else. If you properly received this e-mail as a
customer, partner or vendor of Redpoint, you should maintain its contents in
confidence subject to the terms and conditions of your agreement(s) with
Redpoint.