Hi Justin,

thank you for your fast reply.

> Would it be possible for you to work up a way to reproduce the behavior you're seeing? Yes, I can reproduce the behavior. I have simplified producer and consumer Java code to reproduce. The code is not yet the bare minimum necessary to work, but I can change that.

>  If so, is the order-of-creation only essential per producer [...]
Yes, the order is only essential per producer.

Please let me know how I can assist you.

Thank you,
Oliver

On 3/15/23 14:58, Justin Bertram wrote:
Based on your description, attached configuration, and logs I don't see
anything wrong, per se. Would it be possible for you to work up a way to
reproduce the behavior you're seeing?

Do you ever have more than 1 producer? If so, is the order-of-creation only
essential per producer or is it essential across all producers?

Justin

On Wed, Mar 15, 2023 at 8:29 AM Oliver Lins <l...@lins-it.de> wrote:

Hi,

we are using Artemis with the following setup:
- 2 independent broker instances (on 2 hosts)
- a cluster configuration to create a Core bridge between both instances
(no failover, no HA)
- multiple JMS clients produce and consume AMQP messages using topics
- the clients do a failover themself
- Artemis versions (2.21.0, 2.29.0-SNAPSHOT cloned on 08.03)

Every thing is working fine. Independent of the Artemis instance the
producer or consumers are connected to they receive all messages in the
order of creation.

To simulate a server failure we kill (-9) Artemis instance 1 and restart
the instance again (~ 1/2 minute later).
- 1 producer connects to the restarted instance 1
- multiple consumers are (still) connected to instance 2
- 1 consumer connects to the restarted instance 1

The producer sends messages with a delay of 1 ms.
Now we see that
- the order of messages received by the consumer connected to instance 1
frequently does not match the order the messages are created
- the order of messages received by consumers connected to instance 2
matches the order the messages are created

It is essential for us that the messages arrive in the order of creation.
Do you have any ideas what went wrong or we are doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Oliver

Pls note: the attached files are used to reproduce what we saw in
production.
      This test configuration uses 1 docker instance per Artemis broker.
      Both instances are running on the same host using different ports.

--
Dipl.-Ing. FH der technischen Informatik
Tel.: +49 179 2911883