ActiveMQ Artemis supports the OpenWire protocol via dependencies from
ActiveMQ "Classic." Until ActiveMQ Artemis 2.31.1 those dependencies
contain the vulnerable code which means ActiveMQ Artemis ships the
vulnerable code. However, the only known exploit of this vulnerability
requires Spring dependencies as well which exist in ActiveMQ "Classic" but
*do not exist* in ActiveMQ Artemis. So while ActiveMQ Artemis is
vulnerable, there is no known exploit and no exploit may actually be
possible.

As I understand it, the CVE doesn't list all the pieces of software that
depend upon the vulnerable libraries as there's no way to actually know
every such piece of software. Consider the Log4Shell vulnerability (i.e.
CVE-2021-44228) from a few years back. The CVE didn't list all the software
that depended on the affected versions of Log4j.

Justin