Hi Frank

To answer your questions:

1. even if it's always better to update client, 5.18.x client still
works with ActiveMQ 6.0.0 broker
2. yes, 5.18.4 is already planned including fixes. 5.18.x is still
active (we keep three active branches, which is currently 5.17.x,
5.18.x, 6.0.x, when 6.1.0 will be released, we will maintain 5.18.x,
6.0.x, 6.1.x, etc).

Regards
JB