On 4/22/24 03:06, herbert.helmstr...@systema.com wrote:
Hello Team,

I have a question regaring Artemis.
We have two different clusters, that run more or less independently.

But for some events and requests there should be a transparency between the clusters. I thought that Adress  Federation https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/federation <https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/federation> would be the right technique for that. And yes we can filter and forward but for the JMS request/repliy interaction does not work as expected..
The replies are not routed back to the caller. Or did we miss something?

Have you configured dual federation such that the replies are forwarded from the broker they are sent towards to the broker where the consumer awaiting the response is subscribed?  If not then message won't just automatically route to the response consumers.

Unfortrunatelly it is not possible to set up fixed federated reply queues, because the clients would invent changing temp queues as reply destinations.

Thank You for any tip!

Herbert

*Herbert Helmstreit*
Senior Software Engineer

Phone: +49 941 / 7 83 92 36
herbert.helmstr...@systema.com

www.systema.com <https://www.systema.com/>

LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/company/systema-gmbh/>Facebook <https://de-de.facebook.com/SYSTEMA.automation/>XING <https://www.xing.com/pages/systemagmbh>

SYSTEMA
Systementwicklung Dipl.-Inf. Manfred Austen GmbH

Manfred-von-Ardenne-Ring 6 | 01099 Dresden
HRB 11256 Amtsgericht Dresden | USt.-ID DE 159 607 786
Geschäftsführer: Manfred Austen, CEO und Dr. Ulf Martin, COO

P Please check whether a printout of this e-mail is really necessary.

--
Tim Bish