Hi Derek-

No known report with a similar scenario. Without a specific exception message
or reproducible use case, this isn’t something that the Apache community is
able to effectively support given all the possible factors in your
organizations specific environment.

If you are able to reproduce it in a unit test or get a specific error message,
we’d be able to give it a shot.

If your organization really needs a root cause — checkout out the commercial
support options.

Thanks,
Matt Pavlovich

> On Apr 26, 2024, at 3:19 PM, Derek Zhang <derekdyzh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Justin,
>
> Yes, we realize that we're not doing ourselves any favours by staying on
> 5.15.x in this case as there have been numerous improvements to ActiveMQ
> since.
>
> Because this issue is very sporadic and hard to reproduce, we're mostly
> curious if anyone else has seen this in the past at all. In the off chance
> that this was a known issue and has been fixed in later versions, we'd be
> very interested in learning the root cause as well.
>
> Regards,
> Derek Zhang
>
> On Fri, 26 Apr 2024 at 13:06, Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I can't comment regarding your specific issue, but it's worth noting that
>> 5.15.x is no longer actively maintained. It may be worth upgrading to the
>> latest 5.18.x version or perhaps even 6.x.
>>

>> Justin
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 26, 2024 at 2:26 PM Derek Zhang <derekdyzh...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello ActiveMQ Classic community,
>>>
>>> We recently saw a broker running 5.15.16 getting stuck during recovery.
>>> When ActiveMQ was started, we saw the following log messages and then
>>> nothing else:
>>>
>>> 2024-04-18 17:21:52,670 | INFO  | Refreshing
>>> org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory$1@25bbe1b6: startup date
>> [Thu
>>> Apr 18 17:21:52 UTC 2024]; root of context hierarchy |
>>> org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory$1 | main
>>> 2024-04-18 17:21:53,886 | INFO  | Using Persistence Adapter:
>>> KahaDBPersistenceAdapter[/data/kahadb] |
>>> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService | main
>>> 2024-04-18 17:22:04,246 | INFO  | Page File: /data/kahadb/db.data.
>>> Recovering pageFile free list due to prior unclean shutdown.. |
>>> org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.disk.page.PageFile | KahaDB Index Free
>>> Page Recovery
>>> 2024-04-18 17:22:04,250 | INFO  | KahaDB is version 6 |
>>> org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.MessageDatabase | main