From: Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.org>
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2024 5:04 PM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: Will Artemis remove Openwire support and Compatibility questions

> Does this mean, that there are plans to remove Openwire from Artemis?

This was addressed a few months ago [1], and plans haven't changed since then.
There are still no plans to remove OpenWire from ActiveMQ Artemis.

To be clear, how commercial vendors deploy ActiveMQ components and what
particular features they support is 100% up to those vendors and are not a
direct reflection of the community.

> Are there any restrictions on ActiveMQ Classic clients connecting via
Openwire to Artemis broker (like at least specific version x needed, version
not newer than y,...)?

I'm not aware of any such restrictions.

> Are different versions of Artemis client and Artemis broker compatible
with each other (or are there incompatibilities in  the CORE protocol like e.g.
bad idea to use new client with old broker,...)?

We've worked to maintain backwards and forwards compatibility so you should be
able to use an older client with a newer broker and a newer client with an
older broker as well.

Justin

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/0xbwrry03902h73xngyfp08orpprwcvy