I imagine there are differences between the protocols which Micrometer
supports for metrics plugin integration, but if, for example, you
configured the Prometheus metrics plugin and then loaded
http://myBroker:8161/metrics/ you would see this (among other things):

  # HELP artemis_routed_message_count number of messages routed to one or
more bindings
  # HELP artemis_unrouted_message_count number of messages not routed to
any bindings

This "help" text is shared by the JMX MBeans and is also found in the
JavaDoc for the corresponding management method (e.g. here [1]).

Whether a high unrouted.message.count is a concern really depends on your
use-case.

Unrouted messages are dropped _unless_ you've configured
send-to-dla-on-no-route [2] as true and you've got a dead-letter address
with a queue to receive those unrouted messages.

Justin

[1]
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/javadocs/javadoc-latest/org/apache/activemq/artemis/api/core/management/AddressControl.html#getUnRoutedMessageCount()
[2]