Hi All,

I have a question regarding Artemis transactions. For example, there is a
default transaction-timeout
<https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/transaction-config.html#resource-manager-configuration>
(300
seconds), but I cannot figure out in which situations it is used.
We have an application which connects to the queue, consumes all available
messages (for example 6000), and does something with all these messages
acknowledging it one-by-one. It can last within several hours.
All messages are held in delivery, consume address memory and it seems that
it affects server performance. Is there any way to restrict the client
consuming all messages in the queue without acknowledging messages in the
reasonable time?
If we restrict paging settings to make a limited amount of messages to be
loaded in the memory, can it help in this situation?
And why do these transactions last without limit? Maybe message processing
is not considered as a transaction in Artemis?

--
Best regards,
Alexander