> What has the clientID to do with shared topics anyway?

The client ID, at least in part, forms the identity of the subscription.
This is noted in section 8.3.2 of the JMS 2 specification which states:

  A shared non-durable subscription is identified by a name specified by the
  client and by the client identifier if set. If the client identifier was
set when
  the shared non-durable subscription was first created then a client which
  subsequently wishes to create a consumer on that shared non-durable
  subscription must use the same client identifier.

In short, you're seeing the expected behavior.

Justin