I am using JBoss with the embedded Apache ActiveMQ Artemis Message Broker 2.16.0.

Looking at the source code of ActiveMQ RA I suspect using JMS message grouping with a JBoss MDB that is fed by a JMS queue (for example with 10 MDB workers/instances and the default number of 15 sessions / JMS consumers) will guarantee sequential handling of messages with identical message grouping values. I know the messages within the groups will be dispatched to different workers but since they come from the same session they should still be dispatched sequentially.

Is my assumption correct?