Hi,

I switched to LDAP authentication for Archiva (1.0.2) today, and it
authenticates correctly, but it seems to be checking LDAP for the admin user
more than is necessary.  Also, does it open a new connection to the LDAP
server for every check?  Does it clean up connections once they are no
longer being used?

This is the (abridged) exception from my Tomcat 6.0.16 logs:
INFO  org.codehaus.plexus.redback.users.ldap.ctl.LdapController:default  -
Searching for users with filter:
'(&(objectClass=[objClass])(sAMAccountName=[my admin account]))' from base
dn: [my base dn]
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.common.ldap.connection.LdapException: Could not
connect to the server. [Root exception is
javax.naming.CommunicationException: [my LDAP server]:[my LDAP port] [Root
exception is java.net.SocketException: Too many open files]]
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.common.ldap.connection.LdapConnection.<init>(LdapConnection.java:81)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.common.ldap.connection.ConfigurableLdapConnectionFactory.getConnection(ConfigurableLdapConnectionFactory.java:123)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.users.ldap.LdapUserManager.newDirContext(LdapUserManager.java:342)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.users.ldap.LdapUserManager.findUser(LdapUserManager.java:217)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.users.configurable.ConfigurableUserManager.findUser(ConfigurableUserManager.java:111)

I have enabled caching using EHCache as my implementation.  Any help is
appreciated.

Thank you,
David