Hi Mark,

You can turn off the email validation by setting this in your
security.properties file (which should be put in your ~/.m2 directory):

email.validation.required=false

An issue regarding the validation mail was re-opened for 1.1, see
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-584 for more details..

Thanks,
Deng